25.5.11

Love Affair

In some randomness, that always exists in my life, I actually shed tears whilst reading an article on Tracey Emin in the June issue of Vogue.  It was simply pages of short paragraphs on her by her friends, followed by a Q&A with Emin herself.

I have to say, I've not always been a big fan of Emin.  In fact, I have always been rather dismissive of her work.  But after reading the article & the interview with her, I think I have a new love affair blooming.


Charlotte Sinclair: "What do you hope for in the future?
Emin:  "That cats live forever.  That I can have the patience to learn French.  And that I can fall in love with someone who really loves me, who would go to the end of the world for me."

Tears were especially shed when she described waking up in tears, missing her father, who died just last year.  Mine died over a year ago now & I still cry myself to sleep from time to time.  It's always the missing that hurts the most.

I feel we may have more in common than first thought!  Except, I'd rather dogs live forever.

Emin also recently came to my area to open the Turner Contemporary art gallery in town & I feel it may be time to go for a visit.  Refresh my artistic knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment