1.5.11

Cash for Cancer: Who Says Money Can't Buy You Love!

So as you may or may not know, my beloved papa died just over a year ago from prostate cancer.  He kicked cancer's ass for ten whole years, but in the end, it had its wicked way with him & stole him from my life.  Which was obviously pretty gay.

His last few months were spent in a hospice, which isn't the best of places to depart from this world, however, the peeps at the hospice were pretty nice & did of course do all that they could to make his final moments as comfortable as possible.

Now one of our nearest & dearest family friends has decided to throw himself, kamikaze style, out of a plane (despite a fear of heights), in order to raise money for Hospice in the Weald.  This wasn't the hospice my papa was staying in, but it is a hospice & let's face it, it's going to be someone else's papa or mère at some point.

Therefore I'd like to assist in the fundraising, in the hope that Christian will achieve his target of £500, which he has already raised over 50% of.

This is his message:

"Hi, I lost my uncle and a close family friend to the big C in the last year or so & because of this I found myself in a position where, the Hospice in the Weald came into my life.  They do great work there for people in the last days of their lives & don't get any funding other than from idiots like me fund raising.

Because of this, I felt there had to be something I could do & as it turned out there was; I could be thrown out of a plane & try to raise some money for them in the process!  (You can see where I'm going with this can't you) Please please please visit my page at www.justgiving.com/christian-humphreys and please donate.  Even if its only the price of a pint every little helps.

I'm not really that good with heights (bricking it!) & I'm paying for this 'therapy' (15000ft seems like a bad idea) in order to raise some much needed cash for them.  So please if I can (try not to soil myself) jump from a plane, surely you could click a couple of buttons and move your mouse a bit!  Thank you!!!"

Obviously I am avidly saving my pennies away for France, but I shall promise to donate £5, which I know is not much, but as Christian says, every little counts.

If you're feeling kind, please please please donate even as little as £1!  As every donation would be greatly appreciated & go to help ease the suffering of someone about to leave their loved ones behind.

Merci.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment