7.3.11


Happy Pancake Day
mes amis!

After my initial thought that Pancake Day was last Monday (don't ask me why), I made sure that mother purchased some pre-made crêpes for us to gorge on.  Unfortunately, midway through cooking my second crêpe, it dawned on me I was a tad early on the matter.

So today I made the effort to make some pancakes from scratch.  Four misshapen spoldges later, I have come to the conclusion that Delia Smith lies in her recipes & that shop-bought crêpes are so the way forward!

Lent begins tomorrow!  Not normally a partaker, however, I thought I'd try to comply.  My first idea of attempting to try to give up chocolate for the duration has been thrown out for its sheer lunacy.  As if I could make three days without chocolate, let alone six weeks!  So I have now decided to simply continue with my avoidance of Coke!  Simples.


UPDATE:  So, I still clearly haven't got the hang of this whole thing, as Pancake Day is TODAY!  Seriously, when am I going to remember SHROVE TUESDAY.  TUESDAY damn it!!!  To be honest, I think I'm a bit done with the whole pancake thing now.  But Happy Pancake Day to everyone else who hasn't already been gorging & making themselves feel sick.  Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Pancake day is Tuesday the 8th (Shrove Tuesday) and Lent starts on Wednesday the 9th (Ash Wednesday). Think you might have jumped the gun again :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. crepes are thheee best. ive been craving a nutella crepe lately like whoa. so yah, everyday can be pancake/crepe day. xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anonymous, thank you. I think you are quite right & I am a moron! I think I'll give up on the whole Pancake idea now.

    Mmmm, Jillian the nutella crêpes they serve in Paris are delish! Although, they always put a bit too much in & then you end up with chocolate hands. Not so good me thinks.

    x

    ReplyDelete